Ste-Adèle Elementary School was founded in 1950 by Mr. Louis Cochand, Mr. Frank Scofield and Mr. A.E. Thompson. It is located 70 kilometers north of Montreal at a walking distance to beaches, ski hills, hiking trails and cross-country ski trails. We have 87 students for the 2011-2012 school year. We are proud of our small class sizes and the individualized education for each child. Our classrooms are spacious and comfortable creating an appropriate learning environment. Our school has an ideal playground with natural trees and greenery.
School Attendance Zone
Entrelacs, Estérel, Mont-Rolland, Piedmont (East of Route 117), Ste-Adèle, StHippolyte (Ch du Lac du Pin Rouge, Ch du Lac de l'Achigan and South on Chemin des Hauteurs to Chemin du Lac Morency), Ste-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson.
Philosophy / Mission
At Ste- Adèle Elementary School we believe in the basic right of each student to learn and grow in an environment that is peaceful, secure and in a place where students can learn to the best of their ability.
In order to achieve this goal, our school seeks to help students develop positive social behaviours which reflect responsible, respectful, and cooperative attitudes.
Parent Participation Organization
The Parent Committee is always involved in fundraisers as well as the promotion of our school community. The Governing Board meets 7 times a year and has 4 parent members. Governing Board minutes can be viewed here.
- English school education with French as a Second Language components.
- Music/Drama program
- Elaborate Physical Education program: snowshoeing, skating, cross-country skiing
- Introduction to technology for Cycle Two and Three
- Conflict resolution program for all grades
- Library services,
- Permanently installed Smartboard
- Mobile Laptop units
- Before and afterschool MELS Daycare
- Afterschool Homework Assistance Program
Services to Meet Individual Student Needs
- Classroom Attendants
- Access to school board professionals (psychologist, speech-language therapist, occupational therapist, etc.)
- Full-time Resource teacher
- Access to outside services (i.e. social worker)
Events and Activities
- Student Council
- Celebration for Good Citizenship
- Art Activities - Extensive
- Concerts / Plays / Talent Shows / Dances
- Book Fairs
- Community Involvement : La Guignolée, Terry Fox Run
- Visit to Arundel Natural Science Centre